With the rapid rise of cannabidiol (CBD) products in the past few years, many brands have been popping up all over the market. The CBD industry has quickly grown into a multi-billion-dollar industry.
And just like any market, products from different manufacturers differ in quality and are not equal in terms of effectiveness. For sure, there are high, mediocre, and low-quality CBD products scattered around the market.
This is a growing problem for consumers, especially for the new users of CBD products. More often, new consumers choose CBD products with a good reputation and image.
However, not all of the advertised quality may be present in the product itself. This may lead to a waste of money on low-quality CBD products that may endanger your health.
To avoid this problem, you must be well educated about what CBD products are made of. As you read this article, you’ll find tips on how to distinguish high-quality CBD products from the mediocre ones.
But first, here’s an overview of what CBD is all about:
CBD – An Overview
- Cannabidiol is a chemical compound. It’s part of the group called cannabinoids found in cannabis or marijuana.
- Unlike its infamous mother plant, CBD isn’t psychoactive. It contains little to no traces of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the compound found in cannabis plants that is responsible for the “high” feeling or sensation.
- The hemp plant, a cousin of the cannabis plant, is one of the main sources of CBD. It’s used in industrial-scale production because it contains less THC.
- CBD is extracted from flowers and seed of the plant.
- CBD is safe to consume and apply on any part of the body. It’s readily available in the form of oils, lotions, creams, capsules, pills. and edible products.
- CBD is used for its therapeutic properties for various health conditions. For example, CBD is used for treating anxiety, depression, epilepsy, and cancer.
Tips for Checking the Quality of CBD Products
The market for CBD products is highly saturated as of now. Many brands have been circulating their products all over the market.
Advertisements and trends may influence your decision to buy a particular product. However, to make sure that you always end up buying high-quality CBD products, you must consider the following factors:
Most high-quality CBD products are tested in other, third-party labs. If a product has been tested in a third-party lab, you can be sure that the content listed in its packaging is actually present in the product.
If you can’t find these lab reports on the manufacturer’s website, there’s a chance that the listed contents are not present in the product.
There are other ingredients mixed in CBD products. The listed ingredients may be checked on the internet to check for side effects or any harm that they may cause to your health.
High-quality CBD products contain essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12 and omega fatty acids.
Method of Extraction
The extraction method plays a vital role in the CBD product’s quality because most of the chemicals used in the process are present in the final product.
The best extraction method which produces high purity CBD uses CO2. It’s safe and may be considered as an industry standard.
Naturally grown hemp plants produce top-notch CBD extracts. The potency of the CBD solely depends on its plant source.
Several studies have proven that organically grown hemp plants have much better CBD quality as compared to those which use artificial fertilizers.
One of the most important quality checks you must do is to check the THC content of the product. As mandated by the law, CBD products must contain 0.3 percent or less THC.
A low content will ensure that there are no psychoactive effects or substance dependence issues that might occur when consuming or using CBD products.
CBD: Concentration and Dosage
It’s important to know the concentration and the right dosage when you consume CBD. Overdose may lead to nausea, vomiting, and other health problems.
The cbd dosage you may find in the packaging is the best one to follow unless your medical specialist allows a lower or a higher dose.
The dosage may vary based on factors like the concentration of CBD in the product you are using, your physical and mental condition, and your body weight.
While the reputation of a company doesn’t guarantee the quality of its products, you can get insights from online reviews by first-hand users. The feedback will help you in deciding which product to purchase.
If you have a friend who has used a certain product, you can ask him or her regarding the experience. You may also come to know the issues faced while using the CBD product.
With a lot of brands in the market, finding the CBD product that best suits you isn’t an easy task.
However, now that you are equipped with the knowledge and awareness regarding CBD products and the factors you need to check, you’ll be able to buy safe and high-quality CBD products online.
- 5 Reasons Vaping Cannabis is Better Than Smoking It - December 14, 2021
- 3 Ways Nevada Patients Can Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card - December 14, 2021
- 5 Tips to Consider When Cooking with CBD Oil - October 5, 2021