Marijuana has been legalized in 31 states, and nine have legalized its recreational use as well. While every state has laws dictating the use, more are considering bills to support the growth of this market.
Marijuana is extracted from the cannabis plant and is popular for its relaxing and psychotropic effects. Marijuana is becoming a part of the changing lifestyle today.
However, lifestyle changes today have brought a lot of mental health issues with them. Studies show issues like depression may be stronger in men during emerging adulthood or adolescence and stronger in women in their midlife.
Mood disorders, stress, anxiety, and depression, are very common mental health issues nowadays.
Depression affects some 350 million people across the globe. This common mood disorder affects teenagers and adolescents even more as they are mentally vulnerable at this age.
When it comes to mental health, the popularity of marijuana has surged. Although the therapeutic effects of weed on mental health still require a lot of research.
The easier access to weed through online portals using a weed delivery service or from your smartphones through any marijuana app has made it even more popular.
Benefits of Using Marijuana in Mental Health Issues
1. Many times the stress and anxiety are side effects of chronic pain due to some other conditions. Cannabinoids and THC present in marijuana are responsible for the psychotropic properties. Since they affect neuropathy, it is easier for cannabis to alleviate the pain and thereby reduce stress and anxiety as well.
2. Lack of sleep or sleeping disorder is another major factor contributing to depression and other mental health issues. Sometimes not getting enough sleep is the sole reason behind many other problems. Consuming marijuana temporarily to correct the sleep cycle and indirectly tackling other related issues can help with mental issues.
3. There are certain diseases which treatment causes side effects like depression, bipolar disorders, etc. Cannabis intake is a very good way to deal with these mental issues, and it also helps in dealing with the chronic pains caused by such illnesses.
Cannabis consumption does not change anything in your brain pathology that contributes to depression. There is preclinical evidence that altering the endocannabinoid system could potentially benefit patients who have ADHD.
A study explored marijuana as a way of controlling spasticity in people with multiple sclerosis. Despite some limitations, past research has widened our knowledge spectrum on the association of medical cannabis use and depression from neurological, epidemiological, genetic, and pharmacological perspectives.
Most of the big cities are working towards developing their cannabis markets. As more medical benefits of marijuana are popping up in new research, the local government is supporting the industry.
With the betterment of technology, weed delivery services are benefiting. Introducing a weed app to get your stuff delivered to you is the next step in this tech advancement.
Easier availability has given a sense of relief to cannabis users dealing with mental health issues. They can get their share of weed anytime and anywhere they like.
Yes, it is safe to use marijuana for the treatment of various mental illnesses with a doctor’s prescription. There is a lot of chance that it will not give desired results without knowing a proper dosage or frequency of consumption.
Experts have begun looking into medicinal marijuana’s extended benefits for the treatment of depression caused by chronic stress. People who are depressed and need treatment are seeking out options to help reduce the burden and impact of their depressive symptoms. These people are finding solace in consuming medicinal cannabis and getting on with their everyday tasks.
The “feel-good” neurotransmitter dopamine directly stimulates the pleasure centers in the brain. Not to worry, it doesn’t introduce new feelings that you don’t have in you. They are responsible for stimulating your neuropathy to give you relaxation.
Marijuana is bringing a ray of hope to those who have suffered a lot from mental issues.
- Is marijuana effective against Tourette syndrome? - May 12, 2023
- 6 Different Cannabis Products and Their Health Benefits - March 28, 2023
- How And When To Transplant Cannabis Seedlings - February 21, 2023