Relaxation has many health benefits. You need some time to rest and relax to think more clearly, make better decisions, resist future stressors, and gain a more positive outlook on life. Of course, relaxation promotes a healthier body and mind. It relaxes tired muscles and reduces blood pressure. Relaxation reduces your risk for mental health disorders, autoimmune diseases, heart attack, and other stress-related ailments.
1. Try Progressive Muscle Relaxation
This activity involves tensing and relaxing the muscles to reduce muscle tension and anxiety. Also, this method can help with sleep problems. The body gets the signal to fall asleep when the muscles are relaxed.
Incorporate aromatherapy, vapor technology, music, or health and wellness products to boost progressive muscle relaxation with products from groups like Nugg Clubb and Cannabox.
Here are some tips when doing progressive muscle relaxation:
- Inhale and tense the muscles hard enough for 5 to 10 seconds, but not to the point of cramping or pain.
- Exhale and suddenly relax the muscle group.
- Before working on another muscle group, relax for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Count from 5 to 1 when you’re finished relaxing all muscle groups.
2. Keep a Journal
If you’re more into writing, keeping a journal is a good idea. A daily diary can help you relax in your free time at home. You can write upon waking up in the morning or before retiring at night. Write about your feelings, thoughts, prayers, or anything that will make you feel better.
3. Get a Massage
Getting a self-massage or having someone give you a back rub, like your spouse, is a great way to relax at home. Set the room for an ultimate relaxing mood for massage by lighting a scented candle or using any form of aromatherapy.
Add a few drops of essential oil to your massage oil, dispersing the oil throughout your body for proper absorption. The most common carrier oils suitable for massage therapy include coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, and avocado oil.
Check the following benefits of getting a massage:
- Improves blood circulation
- Soothe painful joints and tired muscles
- Rejuvenate the body and mind
4. Spa and Aromatherapy
You can relax at home by setting up your spa and aromatherapy session on your day-off or whenever you feel like it. Grab some rose petals, incense, scented candles, and essential oils in an air diffuser for a perfect ambiance.
Release your serotonin, endorphins, and other happy hormones by exercising. Dedicate, at least, 15 minutes of exercise daily to move and relax your body and control weight, especially if you sit all day at work.
Here are some simple exercises you can try:
- Brisk walking
- Zumba or any dance
- Hula hoop exercises
6. Practice Mindful Meditation
The goal of mindfulness is to focus a person’s intense awareness of the things happening at the moment without judgment. Practicing mindfulness exercises helps direct attention away from stressful planning, daydreaming, problem-solving, or thinking random or negative thoughts. It’s a way to listen to your body, bringing you to an excellent state of relaxation.
Practicing mindful meditation involves guided imagery, breathing methods, and other activities to relax your body and mind to reduce stress. Take a look at the following mindful meditation techniques:
- Body Scan Meditation: You can do a body scan meditation by lying on your back with your arms resting at the sides, palms facing up, and with your legs extended. Focus your attention deliberately on each body part, from toe to head or head to toe. Increase your awareness of your emotions, thoughts, and sensations, associated with each body part.
- Sitting Meditation: Find a quiet and relaxing place to sit comfortably. Keep your back straight, hands on your lap, and feet flat on the floor. Breathe and focus on your breath while inhaling and exhaling air out of your body. Note any experience if thoughts or physical sensations interrupt your meditation, and then return to focus on breathing.
- Walking Meditation: Find a quiet place to walk about 10 to 20 feet in length. Focus on walking. Be aware of sensations and subtle movements, keeping your balance. Once you reach the end of the distance, turn and continue walking while maintaining sensation awareness.
7. Play With Your Children
If you have young children, playing tug of war, hide and seek, or role-playing games can help you have some fun time with them while also relaxing yourself. Stay young at heart and consider playing with your children a good exercise activity to boost your immunity and strengthen your body.
Relax at home by trying any of the tips shared above. Try progressive muscle relaxation, mindful meditation, keeping a journal, and getting a massage to relax your body and mind. Pamper yourself with a relaxing at-home spa and aromatherapy. Also, exercising and playing with your children are great physical activities that can also help you relax.
- Weed Delivery Service Versus In-Store Shopping: Which Is Better? - July 22, 2022
- 5 Reasons Vaping Cannabis is Better Than Smoking It - December 14, 2021
- 3 Ways Nevada Patients Can Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card - December 14, 2021