The Effects of CBD Distillate Explained

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Cannabidiol, also known simply as CBD, is a potent cannabinoid found in cannabis. It doesn’t have any psychotropic effects, so it’s unlike THC, but it has numerous therapeutic benefits, which put it second only to THC.

So, in short, CBD won’t make you high, but it will give you benefits like better sleep, a more relaxed feeling, an increased appetite, and other such benefits.

Lots of people are finally waking up to the benefits of cannabis, and technology now exists to extract CBD in its purest form to make it more potent.

According to Fresh Bros, concentrated CBD exists in two forms: Distillate and Isolate. Isolate is the purest form of CBD, whereas distillate is highly concentrated CBD with other cannabinoids included.

How is CBD Distillate Made?

CBD distillate is made from CBD oil. The oil is heated and cooled repeatedly. This process causes all the impurities to evaporate away, until all that is left is CBD itself.

The preferred base crop for making CBD distillate is hemp. This is because hemp has very little THC present, which is good for legal reasons and also for consumers who don’t want any THC in their CBD.

Germany's hemp industry

Generally, CBD distillates are more than 90% CBD. This is multiple times more concentrated than what you will typically get from the market. CBD distillates are also great for people and manufacturers who need accurate amounts of CBD for whatever reasons.

Also, due to the purity of CBD distillate, you don’t have to consume much for the effects to kick in. In fact, you have to be careful to not take too high a dose.

What About the Entourage Effect?

CBD distillates and full-spectrum CBD oils are quite popular among consumers for something that you won’t likely get anywhere else: the entourage effect.

The entourage effect kicks in when you have two or more cannabinoids in a product. Many scientists agree that they may enhance each other’s properties, making them even more potent.

So, for example, CBD with some CBN (Cannabinol) tends to have an even more potent relaxing effect. It is as if the cannabinoids act synergistically and have more benefits together than they would have on their own.

The entourage effect is one of the things that makes CBD distillate so popular. It is 90% CBD, but the remaining 10% consists of some other cannabinoids that work well with CBD.

Marijuana = Stress Control
Even though THC levels are near zero in CBD distillate, the entourage effect still exists between THC and CBD, giving the distillate great potency.

What’s more, distillate can be mixed with other cannabinoids as a base post-production. You can mix them in precise amounts to control the potency of the entourage effect, as well as give the concoction a specific taste or aroma.

What Are the Medical Benefits of CBD Distillate?

CBD distillate draws on the very best therapeutic benefits of CBD. CBD is great for pain relief, making it a popular treatment for those suffering from neuropathic or chronic pain. This pain-relieving power is enhanced by the presence of trace amounts of THC, due to the entourage effect.

CBD also stimulates the body to secrete more serotonin, which is great for anxiety and stress relief. This makes CBD distillate great for those who suffer from panic attacks and depression.

Many people also take the compound to cure their insomnia. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence for this, though the research is yet to verify it.

CBD distillate can act as a sedative when consumed in high dosages, which can cause you to relax and even get lethargic. However, in smaller doses, it can actually make you more alert and prolong your attention span, helping you work more effectively.

Amelie Roux

Amelie Roux

Amelie has been in the digital industry as a senior content editor for numerous digital news publications. She believes in the cause of the medicinal plant and fully supports the thrust to legalize it. As an avid user and food lover, she frequently experiments in the kitchen to make her version of everything delicious and cannabis-infused.

Leave a Reply

© 2020 greendorphin.com All rights reserved​

Greendorphin Media Productions

Malcare WordPress Security