CBD is really on the rise at the moment. Thousands of new shops are popping up around the country, as well as quality online sites, like lasvegasreleaf.com, for example. You can also observe an increase in the number of different CBD products.
You must have heard about the most popular form of CBD, which is oil, but you might want to get to know more about other options available on the market.
Currently, the ongoing trend is to infuse drinks with CBD and add them to your daily routine. But is it just a trend, or are those beverages here to stay?
Let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of CBD-infused drinks.
Introduction to CBD
The first thing that you should know is that CBD and marijuana are not the same. CBD is actually one of the many cannabinoids found in the plant.
CBD and THC are the most well known of all the cannabinoids, but THC is the psychoactive substance among the two.
In the past, the use of CBD was limited to mostly ingestion in the form of oils. Now, people are finding more creative ways to upgrade CBD to make it more attractive to a wider range of consumers dues to several scientific studies claiming CBD’s medical benefits.
The result of this revolution is a multi-million CBD-infused drinks industry that we see today.
Are CBD Drinks Legal?
CBD is not legal all over the world; in some places, it is an illegal substance. But how does it work with CBD-infused drinks?
In the UK, CBD products are perfectly legal as long as there are no claims that they can treat diseases. So you can believe that CBD can cure chronic pain, for example, but you can’t put it on a label.
Another condition for the United Kingdom is that the CBD should be extracted from a plant that has 0.2% THC in it or less. There are no specific regulations for CBD-infused products at the moment, so the same goes for the drinks.
The USA government-approved CBD products, but the research to back the FDA’s decision is still in development, so we can’t be sure that it will stay legal.
Part of the current laws forbids food producers from adding drugs to their products. However, in some states, exceptions are in place. So to be sure that you can buy a CBD drink safely, you have to check your local drug policy.
Should You Take CBD in Other Forms Than Oil?
The magic question here is whether there are any benefits of eating or drinking CBD instead of taking it in more traditional forms. CBD drinks have a few advantages over other products; they are:
- The effects of CBD last longer. CBD taken through vaping goes into the bloodstream and produces results significantly faster, but they are short-lived. On the other hand, when the substance is taken in the form of drinks, it has to go through the digestive system, which makes it more long-lasting.
- CBD drinks affect the whole body.
- The amount or the dose of CBD is straightforward and easier to control. You can expect the CBD content to be labeled, so you don’t have to struggle with measuring the CBD dose you are taking with an oil dropper.
- You don’t need a prescription to purchase a CBD-infused beverage.
- It tastes better.
Any Health Benefits?
We all know that there are a number of health benefits associated with CBD. However, the FDA has approved only one that is backed up with proper research, and it is seizures.
People who have suffered from seizures admitted that taking CBD improved their well-being significantly even when nothing else in the past was able to help them with their condition. Treating epilepsy is the most remarkable use for CBD, and back in 2018, it was approved by the US government.
The other health benefits are only considered claims that are not yet proven to be true. There is some heavy research underway, so let’s find out what those claims are:
- Painkiller, treating chronic pains.
- Lowering the probability of diabetes-prone people developing the disease.
- Schizophrenia, insomnia, and anxiety, but with little evidence at the moment.
There is also research being done on how CBD can be beneficial for animals. The scientists have their hopes up for CBD.
As you can see, it seems hard to judge CBD drinks mostly because the research on the effects of CBD is not advanced enough yet. One thing is for sure, there are more positive claims than negative, and if some of those optimistic ones turn out to be true, then this trend is not going anywhere anytime soon.
People also seem to appreciate the direction of the trend that is using the non-psychoactive part of cannabis.
We all care about health, and all we can do now is wait for science to catch up.
- What It’s Like to Be a Weed Delivery-Person? - March 21, 2023
- What Are The Best Cannabis Seeds For Indoor Grow Operations? - March 10, 2023
- Is it Okay to Pair Cannabis with Alcohol? - February 27, 2023